“If you don’t build your own dream, someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Tony Gaskins Jr
With the ease of technology, increased entrepreneurship grants and evolving platforms for online businesses, starting a business has become a popular option for many. It is an extremely viable option for many. Students can build a small business while undergoing their studies to gain experience, mothers can manage a business from home while having the flexibility of taking care of her house and family at the same time, and others may venture full-time into online businesses for a career change.
The popularity of a starting an online business is growing and this does not surprise us. Take a look at why:
- Low start-up cost– Since there is no physical store, no rental fees will be incurred. You simply need to pay for a website and web hosting account
- International customers– Together with advanced shipping systems, you can reach out and sell your offerings to consumers from all over the world as long as they are connected to the Internet
- Stay connected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Work anywhere, anytime – Since you are your own boss, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere at any time
- Little to no employees required – Save on the costs of hiring a huge team to keep your business running. Depending on your business, you may not require any extra help at all.
However, the truth is that many business owners are unable to sustain their online businesses. Below are some of the most common reasons:
- Poor market research – It is easy to come up with ideas but many lack the understanding of what their customers truly need. If your offering does not meet the needs of consumers, there is very little opportunity for growth.
- No traffic to the website – Many spend lots of time, money and effort in building a beautiful website but fail to drive traffic to it or allow their website to be found easily by consumers.
- High advertising cost – Without the proper understanding of online advertising, many end up incurring high advertising costs when they engage in advertising that is not suitable for their business.
Impossible Marketing has successfully trained many entrepreneurs on the techniques of building an online business. With our expertise, we have helped complete beginners build their own websites and provided guidance on how to sustain their websites through methods like Search Engine Optimization(SEO). If you are interested in learning more, please feel free to drop us an email. We will be glad to hear from you!